Unless your business falls under the U.S. Department of Transportation, there is no federal mandate for drug testing for your business. That’s why it’s extremely important for you to set up a drug- and alcohol-testing policy for your employees. AT DATCS, Drug and Alcohol Testing Compliance Services, we not only do drug testing in Texarkana AR, we can also help you to develop a drug- and alcohol-testing policy that will protect you and your business.
Why implement a testing policy? Having a written policy in place means consistent treatment of all employees, which can eliminate or reduce any litigation you might be subject to if an employee feels they’ve been singled out for drug or alcohol testing or if they feel they’ve been unfairly terminated because of a failed drug test. A drug- and alcohol-testing policy also encourages your employees to remain drug-free, which creates a safer workplace for your customers and your other employees.
What makes up a good testing policy?
- The policy has to be in writing and has to be one that all of your employees and potential employees have read. You don’t want to leave yourself open to questions because an employee claims to have never seen or heard of your policy.
- The policy has to provide for pre-employment drug testing in Texarkana AR, random testing, reasonable-suspicion testing, post-accident testing, return-to-duty testing and follow-up testing.
- The policy has to include either an in-house employee assistance program or an up-to-date list of outside resources for those employees who have tested positive.
- The policy has to include a provision for supervisor training. Supervisors must know how to spot the signs of drug or alcohol dependence and abuse.
- The policy has to provide for ongoing employee education about drug and alcohol abuse.
What should employees know when it comes to your business’s drug- and alcohol-testing policy? Your employees should be fully aware of the types of drug tests they might be asked to take, the reasons they might be asked to test, how you will deal with employees who test positive and how they can get help for drug or alcohol problems.
At DATCS, we can show you a model drug- and alcohol-testing policy that we can help you to modify for your business. We can also offer you a range of testing methods conducted by our team of highly-trained professionals. We can provide alcohol and drug testing in Texarkana AR on an on-call basis as well because our testers are available 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days-a-year. Make the call to us at DATCS at 888-201-0242 to get a testing policy in place that will give you peace of mind. Visit www.datet.com to learn more.
[osky-citation keyword=’Drug testing Texarkana AR’]
Photo Credit: ©Depositphotos.com/ c h r i s d o r n e y