Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance
DATCS’ compliance department has over 30 years of experience specializing in implementing workplace drug and alcohol programs. DATCS has compliance professionals whose goal is to keep you working in a safe and compliant program. Our staff will work diligently with auditors to get you through your inspections with these and other auditors.
- National Compliance Management Services (NCMS)
- TPS Alert
- Pipeline Accident Prevention Services (PAPs)
DATCS will maintain and provide test result records, statistical data reports (MIS), and any other items pertaining to your drug testing program.
DATCS COMPLIANCE SERVICES
- FMCSA, PHMSA, FAA, FTA, and USCG consortiums
- DOT MIS Reports (Management Information System)
- Notifications of DOT changes on regulations and guidelines
- MRO (Medical Review Officer) services
- SAP (Substance Abuse Professional) contact list
- SAMHSA certified laboratories
- FMCSA Clearinghouse queries & reporting violations
- Computerized random selections
- Audit assistance and Certificates of Compliance
- 24/7 emergency response
- Record management of testing activity for audits
- DOT Supervisor training on the indicators of substance abuse
- DOT background packages with past employment verification
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) search
- CDLIS (Commercial Driver License Information System) search
CONVENIENT ACCESS WITH HIGH SECURITY
DATCS has easy, secure online access to manage your drug testing program which includes:
- Employee drug testing history
- Online test results
- Manage personnel list for updates
- National collection site database
- Online test ordering
- Paperless CCFs
ARE YOU IN THE CLEAR? THE CLEARINGHOUSE IMPROVES ROADWAY SAFETY
Participation in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Clearinghouse plays an important part in improving road safety for everyone.
- Real-time access to violation information
- Easier for employers to meet obligations
- Harder for drivers to conceal violations
- More insight into employer compliance
DRIVERS, EMPLOYERS, AND SERVICE AGENTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE CLEARINGHOUSE
The Clearinghouse applies to all CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) drivers, CLP (Commercial Learner’s Permit) and employers of CDL drivers who operate commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) on public roads and their service agents.
- Interstate and intrastate motor carriers, including passenger carriers
- School bus drivers
- Construction equipment operators
- Limousine drivers
- Municipal vehicle drivers (e.g., waste management vehicles)
- Federal and other organizations that employ drivers subject to FMCSA drug and alcohol testing regulations, including DoD, municipalities, and school districts
- Student drivers in a truck driving school with an CLP (Commercial Learner’s Permit)
A student in a truck driving school is required to have a drug test and initial query in the FMCSA Clearinghouse. In addition, the student driver must be enrolled in a random testing consortium. A TPA (Third Party Administrator) is needed for the students to comply. The driving school has an option to become the TPA for the students.
Additionally, employers may designate a consortium/third-party administrator (C/TPA) who can report violations and/or conduct queries on their behalf. An owner-operator or, an employer who employs himself or herself as a CDL driver, typically a single-driver operation—must designate the C/TPA in the Clearinghouse.
- FMCSA Package – MVR, CDLIS, DOT previous employment verification & past drug test history
- PHMSA Package – DOT previous employment verification & past drug test history
- Driving record check (MVR)
- National and state criminal database checks
- Social security number trace
- DOT and non-regulated supervisor training for the indicators of substance abuse
- DER (Designated Employer Representative) training
- Breath alcohol testing (LifeLoc alcohol breathalyzer available for purchase)
- 49 CFR Part 40 Collector Training
- Advanced Collector Training course (includes synthetic urine detection)
SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROFESSIONALS (SAP)
DATCS provides the employer with a list of SAPs to provide to an employee after a positive test result or refusal, which assists with the return to duty process. Call DATCS or go online: www.saplist.com
NATIONAL COLLECTION SITE NETWORK
Our extensive database provides access to over 10,000 collection sites nationwide.
DO THINGS RIGHT, AND DO THE RIGHT THINGS
DATCS is committed to delivering the highest quality customer service with the most accurate and timely drug screening turnaround time. This commitment ensures that a client will be provided all the tools needed to increase employee productivity. DATCS can help any organization save thousands of dollars by working towards a safe and drug-free workplace. When dependability counts, DATCS is the only choice. Spectacular service. Rapid results. Accurate answers.