By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://datcs.com/
The Consequences of Refusing a Test
Many employees do not realize the ramifications of refusing a DOT drug and/or alcohol test. The Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance (ODAPC) website offers a poster that helps employees understand what could happen to them should they decide to not complete a DOT test.
If you refuse to take a DOT drug or alcohol test:
· You will be immediately removed from the performance of any safety-sensitive function until you complete the Return-to-Duty Process
· You will need to see a DOT-qualified Substance Abuse Professional and comply with the education and/or rehabilitation requirements
· You could have a hard time finding another job
· You must complete the Return-to-Duty Process, including directly observed tests, and you may have to pay for those tests
· Your certificate, license, rating or authorization may be revoked, suspended or restricted
As a Designated Employer Representative (DER), you can assist your employees by downloading the poster and posting it in a breakroom. This link will take you to the site: https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/If_You_Refuse_A_0.pdf.