Alcohol Testing in Tyler, TX
Stop Unneeded Alcohol-Related Deaths
The CDC reports that each year in the U.S., over 140,000 deaths are caused by excessive alcohol use. By working together, we can positively impact our communities.
With over 30 years of experience as a trusted alcohol testing service provider, we’ve honed our dependable screening techniques, including breathalyzer tests, to safeguard your workplace.
As a leading alcohol screening company in Tyler, DATCS is widely recognized for our educational role in the industry, advocating for alcohol testing as a vital tool to enhance safety and well-being in workplaces, communities, and schools.
Contact our Tyler office to discover more about our alcohol testing services.
Why Alcohol Testing
Alcohol misuse can cause extensive and significant effects on the user and everyone around them.
- Over 10% of U.S. children live with a parent with alcohol problems.
- Excessive alcohol use costs the U.S. about $249 billion annually.
- The U.S. Department of Labor reports that 16% of workplace accidents involve alcohol.
- An estimated 10,142 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in the U.S., accounting for 28% of all traffic-related deaths.
- Alcohol is a factor in 40% of all industrial fatalities and 47% of industrial injuries.
- Alcohol is linked to 232 million missed work days per year in the US
- Alcohol testing is tax-deductible
- Peace of mind knowing you have a drug-free workplace, community, and school.
Types of Alcohol Testing Supplies in Tyler, TX
These tests identify the presence or recent consumption of alcohol, but they generally don’t ascertain a person’s tolerance or degree of impairment.
Each testing method below has its specific purpose, and its use depends on the required detection window, circumstances, and the need for accuracy.
Urine Test (EtG Test)
- Ethyl glucuronide (EtG) is present in urine after alcohol has been consumed.
- EtG can be detected up to 80 hours after consumption, depending on various factors.
- Offers a longer detection window than breath or blood tests.
Alcohol Saliva Test
- Measures how much alcohol is in a person’s saliva.
- Can be used as a preliminary screening tool.
- Quick, non-invasive results.
Breath Test (Breathalyzer)
- Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is determined by the amount of alcohol in the air a person exhales.
- Law enforcement uses breathalyzers during traffic stops, or employers use them in the workplace to determine impairment.
- The advantage of using a breath test is that the results are immediate and are non-invasive.
Hair Follicle Test
- Measures ethyl glucuronide (EtG) or fatty acid ethyl esters (FAEE) in hair follicles.
- Detects alcohol consumption within the last 90 days.
- Used to assess long-term alcohol consumption patterns because of its long detection period.
Get Dependable Alcohol Testing in Tyler, TX
Get the peace of mind you need with DATCS. Our various alcohol testing methods provide precision and reliability.
A safer work environment is just a test away. Contact DATCS to get the testing solution for your specific needs.