Designated Employer Representatives (DERs) who review drug and alcohol paperwork will occasionally notice errors on Custody and Control Forms (CCFs) and Alcohol Testing Forms (ATFs). Some need to be corrected by affidavit from the collector or technician who committed the error, or the test must be cancelled, per §40.203 and §40.269.
The following errors require correction by affidavit.
1. The collector’s signature is omitted on Step 4 of the CCF.
2. The technician does not sign the ATF.
3. The employee’s signature is omitted on Step 5 of the CCF, unless the reason for the missing signature is noted on the remarks line of the CCF.
4. The employee’s signature is omitted from Step 4 of the ATF for an alcohol test with a confirmed result of 0.02 or greater, and the technician did not make a remark to explain why the signature is missing.
5. A Non-Federal or expired...